My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

With joy and gratitude, 2014

As I reflect on the year, it was near this time last year that Cricket let me know she felt like it was time to retire.  I conclude the year thanking her for her beautiful seven years of literally guiding me through life!  It was a wonderful time of truly cruisinwithcricket. :).  She has a beautiful, loving heart that I am so very grateful she continues to share with others.  I am grateful we can still enjoy her visits. I am grateful she is in her home with a wonderful family that love her!

I am grateful for my third beautiful guide, Georgie.  I adore this dog and her spunk, determination, devotion and love.  I am super excited to see where our journeys take us into the next decade!  Just booked our tickets for the Boston Marathon so Georgie will be there cheering me on for the third marathon in her time as a guide!   Love this picture as it was the day that I felt that time when I clicked on the deeper level -- where you feel like you are one walking along!


Very grateful for my family.  This is one of the recent pictures from our recent trip to Puerto Rico.  A fabulous way to spend the holidays!  Family and the beach!


You can also check out our Blog post at: blindresilience.  Happy, happy new year!!

3 comments:

jennohara said...

Happy New Year Becky!!!!!

Just Jess for now said...

Happy New Year and may 2015 be just as joyous. :)

Becky Andrews said...

Jenn, So great to hear from you! Happy New Year to your family!
Jess, A very happy new year to you and yours as well!